noun, plural genealogies.
1. a record or account of the ancestry and descent of a person, family, group, etc.
2. the study of family ancestries and histories.
3. descent from an original form or progenitor; lineage; ancestry.
4. Biology. a group of individuals or species having a common ancestry:
The various species of Darwin’s finches form a closely knit genealogy.
1. a person’s relatives collectively; kinfolk.
2. family relationship or kinship.
3. a group of persons descended from a common ancestor or constituting a people, clan, tribe, or family.
4. a relative or kinsman.
5. someone or something of the same or similar kind:
philosophy and its kin, theology.
6. of the same family; related; akin.
7. of the same kind or nature; having affinity.
8. of kin, of the same family; related; akin:
Although their surnames are identical they are not of kin.